Full-Time - Seasonal
• Continually strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.
• Ensure the safety of our staff and guests by fulfilling the risk management responsibilities through out the ski hill property.
• Provide exemplary care to guests requiring first-aid treatment or mountain rescue.
• Educate guests and staff in accident prevention, rules, regulations, and on proper use of equipment.
• Supervise and provide direction to all staff Ski Patrollers.
• May be required to fill the role of an OFA-3 work place first –aid attendant.
• Lead or co-ordinate emergency responses as directed.
• Participate as a team member or lead Major Incident Investigations.
• Develop or review policy and procedures related to on-hill operations.
• Establish and maintain ski area boundaries, closures, hazard signage and fencing.
• Accurately complete all relevant documentation. Review all completed CWSAA Accident Report Forms for accuracy and completeness. Prepare weekly accident resort statistics.
• Conduct on the snow inspections on a daily basis of all ski hill terrain and proficiently report and/or address deficiencies or safety concerns (i.e. grooming conditions, natural hazards, and snow conditions.)
• Conduct avalanche risk assessments and make recommendations to Outside Operations Manager.
• Provide advice and direction to the volunteer (CSPS) Ski Patrol members in such a way as to promote a team orientated, cooperative approach to the delivery of the overall ski patrol program. Report to the Outside Operations Manager on issues requiring and/or recognition of exemplary CSPS performance
• May be called upon to act as a liaison with CSPS members, BC Ambulance Service RCMP, PEP or local SAR personnel as needed
• Carry on concise and clear radio Communications
• Valid OFA 3 First-aid Certificate
• Valid CAA Level 1 Avalanche Certification
• Good general knowledge of ski area operations and terrain hazards
• Secondary school diploma is preferred
• Minimum 3 years previous experience as Ski Patroller in a Mountain environment
• Above average skiing or snowboarding ability, competent in all snow conditions
• Excellent people skills: Out going, friendly and helpful
• Good physical condition; Able to work in outdoor, adverse weather conditions and perform manual labor. Able to carry first-aid packs (up to 30kg), expertly handle rescue toboggans in diverse snow conditions.
• Team oriented
• Strong communication, decision-making, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to proved effective supervision and plan staff work accordingly
• Ability to remain calm and react in a quick, thoughtful manner in the event of an emergency.
Please email or fax your resume with cover letter and references to: