Full-Time - Seasonal
• Continually strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.
• Ensure the safety of our staff and guests by filling the risk management responsibilities through out the ski hill property.
• Provide exemplary care to guests requiring first-aid treatment or mountain rescue.
• May be required to fill the role of an OFA-3 work place first –aid attendant.
• Participate and successfully complete all designated Resort operational training( i.e. lift evacuation, risk management education, major incident accident investigation).
• Lead or co-ordinate emergency responses as directed.
• Ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Resort’s ski patrol program by completing and adhering to all required operational and a safety procedures.
• Participate as a team member or lead Major Incident Investigations.
• Establish and maintain ski area boundaries, closures, hazard signage and fencing.
• Conduct inventory of first-aid supplies and on-hill equipment.
• Conduct on the snow inspections on a daily basis of all ski hill terrain and proficiently report and/or address deficiencies or safety concerns (i.e. grooming conditions, natural hazards, and snow conditions.)
• Provide advice and direction to the volunteer (CSPS) Ski Patrol members in such a way as to promote a team orientated, cooperative approach to the delivery of the overall ski patrol program. Report to the Outside Operations Manager on issues requiring and/or recognition of exemplary CSPS performance.
• May be called upon to act as a liaison with CSPS members, BC Ambulance Service RCMP, PEP or local SAR personnel as needed.
• Daily gathering and recording of weather and snow conditions.
• Carry on concise and clear radio Communications.
• Valid OFA 3 First Aid Certificate (preferred) or,
• CSPS or equivalent wilderness first aid certificate
• Above average skiing or snowboarding ability, competent in all snow conditions.
• Excellent people skills: Out going, friendly and helpful.
• Good physical condition; Able to work in outdoor, adverse weather conditions and perform manual labor. Able to carry first-aid packs (up to 30kg), expertly handle rescue toboggans in diverse snow conditions.
• Team oriented.
• Ability to remain calm and react in a quick, thoughtful manner in the event of an emergency.
Please email or fax your resume with cover letter and references to: