Full-Time - Seasonal
• Provide a good groomed snow surface for the user’s of the ski hill and groomed trails.
• Operate the grooming machinery and attachments in a safe and efficient manner.
• Prevent damage to the machinery through diligent operation and regular maintenance.
• Accept direction and guidance from the lead groomer in a manner that promotes a positive work place.
• Groom the ski runs and/Nordic trails on a daily basis as requested, within the parameters of designated shift durations.
• Be knowledgeable of trail conditions.
• Farm snow as required by trail conditions(in a manner that will conserve snow).
• Communicate an accurate snow report each morning.
• Identify mechanical deficiencies on grooming machinery in a prompt and timely manner.
• Assist mechanics in the maintenance and repairs of equipment as required.
• Perform emergency “basic maintenance” and repairs on machinery during “on-shift” situations with a view maximizing the trails that are groomed.
• Perform pre shift and post shift machinery inspections and maintenance on grooming machines as per the daily operations log. (E.g. check all fluids, pressure etc.)
• Let the Ski Patrol know in advance of daily operations of any hazards on the hill or Nordic trail network.
• Ensure all ski area parking lots and immediate access road is cleared of snow before the end of shift. (May be required to operate snow removal equipment if qualified.)
• Above average mechanical operating aptitude.
• 2 years previous snow cat operation (grooming) in an alpine resort environment.
• Mental and physical capability to work graveyard shifts in variable weather conditions.
• Basic mechanical skills.
• The ability to ski or snowboard for occasional on snow quality control assessment would be desirable.
Please email or fax your resume with cover letter and references to: