Looking for some respite from the 30+ degree weather? Find some solace in the cooler alpine temperatures at Manning Park! We’ve got lots of adventurous ways to cool off and cold treats for every taste!
- Can you possibly get a more refreshing lake to swim in than Lightning Lake? This alpine lake is fed by snow run-off which means it stays cool and refreshing through the summer. We are not kidding – it’s cold! If you can’t take the dip, just getting out on the water by canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard or rowboat will cool you down!
- Chill your taste buds with ice cream. We sell ice cream treats at the Boathouse all day long, or get your favourite ice cream scooped at the Bistro. We also have iced coffee and milkshakes available at the Bistro.
- We are cooler just because of where we are! By virtue of being at a higher elevation, the temperatures are cooler than in the valleys, and the breeze is fresh. Our day temperatures are forecast to range between a comfortable 26-29 degrees in the next few days. Night temperatures drop down to a pleasant 13 degrees tonight. Ahhhhhhh. Enjoy!
- Hike to find the last patches of snow on Mt. Frosty. Climb the highest peak in Manning Park to get astounding views of the area, where snow still lies on the ground. You may get really hot on the way up, but once you find the snow, a snowball fight will cool you down!
- Embrace the sunshine and have an ice cold beer on the patio at the Pinewoods Dining Room. Relax under the shade of the umbrellas with a selection of your favourite brews from Old Yale Brewing, and great eats to accompany it!
- Take a cruise on the newly paved Highway #3! Whether you’re in a sportscar, on a motorcycle or using “4WD a/c” (Four windows down air conditioning), the smooth pavement is a delightful way to blow your hair back.
Air quality in the park is looking good and clear – check the Boathouse webcam to see what the conditions are like on the lake: http://summer.manningpark.com/webcam/
Tell us – what’s your favourite way to cool down in the heat?
Wherever you are at this weekend, travel safe, stay hydrated, don’t forget the sunscreen and have fun!