manning park camping
Campsite reservations are now available on a 2-month rolling basis.
All Manning Park camping reservations MUST be made through BC Parks. Manning Park Resort and Manning Park Visitor Centre do not facilitate any requests for camping reservations. Please call 1-800-689-9025 or visit BCParks.ca to make your camping reservation.
Remember to check the weather and come prepared!
Mule Deer campground is situated along a winding stretch of the Similkameen River, with small swimming holes and pleasant rapids. Serviced by flush toilets and with many sites shaded by ancient cottonwoods, this is an excellent choice for the casual or long-term camper.
Hampton, with its stunning surroundings, is the second-largest campground in Manning Park. Looking south toward the Castle and Chuwanten Creeks, campers are rewarded with an uninterrupted view of the often snow-capped peak of Mt. Winthrop. Large, well-spaced sites make Hampton a private and secluded choice.
The Hampton campground features an all-new washhouse, playground, and bike pump track!
Experience the Best of Alpine Winter Camping
|CAMPGROUND||RATE / NIGHT||STATUS||INFO|
|Skyview RV Campground||$53 / NIGHT (includes hydro, sewer, water)||OPEN||See Skyview RV Campground information here.|
|Lone Duck One||GROUP||OPEN||15-50 PERSONS – 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY Shelter with wood stove, fire pit, pit toilets, camping area. Firewood available from Country Store.|
|Lightning Lake Day Use||WINTER FCFS – $13 / PARTY||CLOSED||Self-contained units can camp in the Lightning Lake Day Use Area parking lot. Pit toilet facilities, no water. No tenting or fires permitted in this area.|
|Lone Duck Two||GROUP||OPEN||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY. Shelter, Lake Access, Trail Access|
|Cambie Creek||GROUP||CLOSED||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY – from December 20 – March 31, 2022 Winter Camping Only, Pit Toilets, Backcountry Nordic Trail Access|
rules and reminders
- All campground opening and closing dates in Manning Park are weather dependent.
- Firewood can be purchased for $12.00 at the Manning Park Country Store, at the Lightning Lake Gatehouse, and from fee collectors.
- All sales are cash or travellers cheque only. ATM’s are located in the lobby of Manning Park Lodge and the Pinewoods building.
- A Manning Park camping party consists of one vehicle and a maximum of 4 adults (16+) and 8 persons, including children (under 15). Additional vehicles will be charged extra.
- All tents and vehicles must remain on the designated camping site at all times.
- All pets must remain on a leash at all times anywhere within the Park. Pets are not permitted on beaches or in Park buildings. There are no off-leash areas in Manning Park.
- Do not remove any material from the forest for any reason. Do not collect dead wood for fires, sticks for hot dogs, flowers, berries, mushrooms, rocks, logs, or anything else from anywhere within Manning Park.
- Do not leave your fire unattended for any amount of time. Fires must be contained in the fire ring provided. Please follow all posted fire notices, restrictions, or bans that may be in effect.
- Do not leave food or garbage unattended. Place coolers, pop, canned goods, and any other items back in your vehicle before you go to bed or leave your site for any amount of time.
- Do not hang litter bags in trees and regularly place garbage in the animal-proof containers. Help all of us practice bear safety!
- In Provincial Parks and Protected Areas, smoking is only permitted within a designated frontcountry campsite or group campsite, occupied by a registered party or their guests. This restriction applies to the smoking and / or vaping of tobacco, cannabis, or other substances.
Group campsites have been repurposed at this park
Due to ongoing operational changes as part of BC Parks COVID-19 response, group campsites have been repurposed at this park for new family camping opportunities. Please check the BC Parks COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information.
Other Manning Park Camping
Check-In and Reservations
Lone Duck keys are available for pick up only from Manning Park Lodge front desk. Guests MUST submit a $20 cash refundable deposit for the key. Check-in time is: 1:00pm.
Please note! The Gatehouse never has possession of the keys, and will be unable to access them.
Enjoy Fun Activities Outdoors When You Camp at Manning Park
Access a wide network of hiking trails that wind through expansive valley and up to stunning peaks.
Get out on the water on Lightning Lake during your stay at Manning Park with our boat rentals.