manning park Winter camping
An Authentic Canadian Outdoor Experience
Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature, and the magic winter brings.
Skyview RV Campground features large pull-through and back-in sites. All 62 winter sites offer full-service with 50-amp power, water, and sewer. A large, bright modern washhouse is available year-round.
For larger groups of fifteen people or more, there are three different campgrounds to choose from (one of which is open year-round). These are good options for RV campers, tenting groups, and youth groups. Bookings should be made with BC Parks.
Skyview campground is connected to the Manning Park trail network, offering you all the facilities you need for an unforgettable stay.
At 7 am (PT) on January 3rd, 2023 many of B.C. Parks campsites will open for reservations. You can now book a site 4 months ahead of your desired arrival date. A list of campgrounds operating and reservable dates can be found here.
All Manning Park camping reservations MUST be made through BC Parks. Manning Park Resort and Manning Park Visitor Centre do not facilitate any requests for camping reservations. Please call 1-800-689-9025 or visit BCParks.ca to make your camping reservation.
Check-in time is 1pm and check-out time is 11am.
Experience the Best of Alpine Winter Camping
|CAMPGROUND||RATE / NIGHT||STATUS||INFO|
|Skyview RV Campground||$53 / NIGHT (includes hydro, sewer, water)||OPEN||See Skyview RV Campground information here.|
|Lone Duck One||GROUP||OPEN||15-50 PERSONS – 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY Shelter with wood stove, fire pit, pit toilets, camping area. Firewood available from Country Store.|
|Lightning Lake Day Use||WINTER FCFS – $13 / PARTY||CLOSED||Self-contained units can camp in the Lightning Lake Day Use Area parking lot. Pit toilet facilities, no water. No tenting or fires permitted in this area.|
|Lone Duck Two||GROUP||OPEN||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY. Shelter, Lake Access, Trail Access|
|Cambie Creek||GROUP||CLOSED||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY – from December 20 – March 31, 2022 Winter Camping Only, Pit Toilets, Backcountry Nordic Trail Access|
rules and GUIDELINES
- All campground opening and closing dates in Manning Park are weather dependent.
- Firewood can be purchased for $12.00 at the Manning Park Country Store, Skyview Gatehouses, and from fee collectors.
- All sales can be made in cash on the spot or by credit/debit card in the Gatehouse at Skyview. An ATM is located in the lobby of Manning Park Lodge.
- A Manning Park camping party consists of one vehicle containing a maximum of 4 adults (16+). An allowance of 8 people is allowed including children (under 16). Additional vehicles will be charged extra.
- All tents and vehicles must remain on the designated camping site at all times.
- All pets must remain on a leash at all times anywhere within the Park. Pets are not permitted on beaches or in Park buildings. There are no off-leash areas in Manning Park.
- Do not remove any material from the forest for any reason. Do not collect dead wood for fires, sticks for hot dogs, flowers, berries, mushrooms, rocks, logs, or anything else from anywhere within Manning Park.
- Do not leave your fire unattended for any amount of time. Fires must be contained in the fire ring provided. Please follow all posted fire notices, restrictions, or bans that may be in effect.
- Do not leave food or garbage unattended. Place coolers, pop, canned goods, and any other items back in your vehicle before you go to bed or leave your site for any amount of time.
- Do not hang litter bags in trees and regularly place garbage in animal-proof containers. Help all of us practice bear safety!
- In Provincial Parks and Protected Areas, smoking is only permitted within a designated frontcountry campsite or group campsite, occupied by a registered party or their guests. This restriction applies to the smoking and / or vaping of tobacco, cannabis, or other substances.
Group campsites have been repurposed at this park
Due to ongoing operational changes as part of BC Parks COVID-19 response, group campsites have been repurposed at this park for new family camping opportunities. Please check the BC Parks COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information.
Manning Park Winter Camping
The new BC Parks RV Campground is located on Gibson Pass Road in Manning Park Resort 4 km off Hwy #3. It has full hook-ups and is next to the Lightning Lake Day Use Area. With 92 sites in the Summer and 62 sites in the Winter, this year-round location is sure to be an immediate favourite with all visitors of E.C Manning Park.
For Winter rates click the More info & Book Now Button.
The setting of Lightning Lake makes it Manning Park Resort’s premier campground. Set deep in the park overlooking Lightning Lake, it features three shower buildings, shared access to two beaches, and regular naturalist programs at the amphitheatre during peak season.
rates & info
|RATE/NIGHT||$13 / Night|
|WINTER||November – April|
|SUMMER||May – October|
|STATUS||DAY-USE AREA ONLY|
- Lightning Lakes Day Use is open, but only Self-contained camping is allowed ($13/night/party of 4 people). No fires or tents.
- The extra-large parking area allows for easy parking or reversing for large RVs (50ft +).
- The pit toilets are open, and no potable water or picnic tables are available.
Wilderness backcountry camping in BC is available at many locations in E.C. Manning Park. Visit the BC Parks website for information about specific sites.
- First come first served
- Registration is payable at Manning Park Visitor Centre or Manning Park Lodge.
- Registration does not guarantee a site.
Lone Duck One is an excellent choice for both small and large groups. This campsite consists of a shelter with picnic tables, countertops, fire rings, pit toilets, a parking area and a large walk-in camping area to set up your tent.
- Groups from 15 to 50.
- Lone Duck 1 is a first come, first served winter campground from October-April, and is not bookable via the BC parks website during the winter months.
- All payments can be made via credit/debit in the Gatehouse at Skyview, or you can pay in cash when our collection team visits you. An ATM is located in the lobby of Manning Park Lodge.
- Self-contained and tent camping available ($13/night). Fires are allowed in designated fire pits.
During the winter season, Lone Duck One turns into a walk-in campsite. The parking area is plowed regularly, but campers might need to walk to the campsites from their vehicles, depending on snow conditions.
Lone Duck Two is ideal for tenting groups. This walk-in site is available by reservation only and consists of a shelter with picnic tables, a fire pit, pit toilets, a parking lot and a large walk-in camping area to set up your tents or dig in.
- Groups bookings available.
- Lone Duck Two is available year-round by reservation only.
During the winter season, Lone Duck Two turns into a walk-in campsite. The parking area is plowed regularly, but campers might need to walk to the campsites from their vehicles, depending on snow conditions.
Cambie Creek is a winter-only campground ideally suited to youth groups. Situated near Allison Pass, Cambie Creek receives plenty of snow in winter. Big Ben, Fat Dog, and Cambie Loop cross-country ski trails provide over 12km of excellent un-groomed Manning Park hiking, cross-country, or snowshoeing opportunities. Youth groups of over 50 people will have no trouble camping in the large area available.
- Groups from 15-50+
- Nordic trails at Cambie Creek are not patrolled, groomed nor avalanche controlled.
STATUS: Opening December 1, 2022
Coldspring is the campground closest to Manning Park Resort. It is connected to the Manning Park trails via the Canyon Nature Trail, next to the headwaters of the Similkameen River.
Mule Deer campground is situated along a winding stretch of the Similkameen River, with small swimming holes and pleasant rapids. Serviced by flush toilets and with many sites shaded by ancient cottonwoods, this is an excellent choice for the casual or long-term camper.
Hampton, with its stunning surroundings, is the second-largest campground in Manning Park. Looking south toward the Castle and Chuwanten Creeks, campers are rewarded with an uninterrupted view of the often snow-capped peak of Mt. Winthrop. Large, well-spaced sites make Hampton a private and secluded choice.
The Hampton campground features an all-new washhouse, playground, and bike pump track!
This is Manning Park Resort’s equestrian campsite. There are 9 sites, and a choice of hitching posts, corrals, or small open areas for your horses. A large group fire ring in the centre of the camp is the perfect place to discuss the trail ride of the day. Located next to Manning Park Lodge on Gibson Pass Road.
rates & info
|RATE/NIGHT||$25 / Party|
|AVAILABILITY||June – September|
Check-In and Reservations
Lone Duck keys are available for pick up only from Manning Park Lodge front desk. Guests MUST submit a $20 cash refundable deposit for the key. Check-in time is 1:00 pm.
Please note: The Gatehouse never has possession of the keys and will be unable to access them.
Enjoy Fun Activities Outdoors When You Camp at Manning Park
Access a wide network of hiking trails that wind through expansive valley and up to stunning peaks.
Get out on the water on Lightning Lake during your stay at Manning Park with our boat rentals.