work at manning
More Than Just a Job
the manning park resort lifestyle
At Manning Park Resort staff lifestyle perks include a free season’s pass to the mountain, discounts at the resort, inexpensive staff accommodation, and free equipment rentals.
Community staff residence at Manning Park Resort is one of the many benefits of being part of our team. Residences are a short walk or bike from the resort, and a staff bus is available to transport employees to the ski area during winter.
In employee residences, everyone gets their own room. Furnished common rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms are shared between 2-10 people. At Manning Park Resort, we offer free rent with a monthly utilities charge of $260. This includes hydro, wifi, and telephone (long-distance charges free within North America).
We do not allow pets or smoking in staff houses. Employees are responsible for cooking for themselves, cleaning staff houses, and providing their own bedding and personal items. If you have a motorhome or trailer, you are welcome to park it in the staff residence area. Septic, electricity and running water are available; utilities and fees to be determined.
To apply for any of the positions, click on a job title above to read the application, and click the “Apply For This Job” button.
Management & Supervisory Positions
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager, Kitchen Manager
Position Overview: As a member of the Food and Beverage Team, you will be responsible to cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Uses our Standard Recipes for preparation and portioning of all products; portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems or product shortages to Kitchen Manager.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Opens the kitchen properly and follows the Opening/closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be able to manage and track food inventory, production and waste.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
Hiring for Winter 2020/21 All Winter 2020/21 positions. Apply today!
PART-TIME HOLIDAY and WEEKEND HELP
Please apply online, email, or fax your resume with cover letter and references, indicating the position you wish to apply for to.
As a member of our team, enjoy:
- Free season pass for all activities! Winter: Skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snow tubing, snowshoeing, and ice skating. ($600+ value!) Regardless of whether you are a snowboarder, cross-country or downhill skier, Manning Park offers the snow to make yours a fantastic season. Additional staff activities in the winter include ice skating, tobogganing and holiday festivities. Summer: Canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard and rowboat rentals. Summer staff activities include hiking, canoeing on Lightning Lake, mountain biking, tennis, camping, fishing, and beach volleyball.
- Free equipment rental for activities
- Free lessons for activities (when available). If you want to get outside and learn a new sport, this is an incredible opportunity.
- On-site medical & mental health support. Monthly, we bring in a nurse practitioner and counselor to support you during your time at Manning Park Resort.
- Online grocery deliveries to Manning Park Resort.
- Use of Loon Lagoon facility which includes a 50ft pool, hot-tub, steam room, sauna, and fitness room.
- Year-round food and retail discounts at the Country Store, Pinewoods Dining Room, Bear’s Den Pub, the Daylodge and Bridal Falls Waterpark.
- Great community! Staff accommodation ranges from about 100-150 people who are enthusiastic about living in a beautiful provincial park with accessible recreational activities.
- Participate in Resort events, such as the Torchlight Parade and summer Lantern Festival. This creates a special event for our guests and a memorable experience for our staff!
- Staff reciprocal season pass which gets you discounted or free skiing at up to 20 local ski areas, and discounts at local sports stores.
- Resort accommodation discounts available for family (some time restrictions apply).
- We respect each other and our guests
- We respect the natural environment we work and live within
- We respect and strive to foster a caring attitude in our community
- We treat people with respect – no exceptions
- We are authentic, transparent and non-political
- We are accountable for our words and actions
- We embrace and seek out diverse opinions and ideas to enhance decision making processes
- We collaborate effectively with those of diverse backgrounds and ideals
- We ensure no team or community member is marginalized or unfairly treated
- We look for sustainable approaches to ensure longevity in both staffing and business
- We design operations to be sustainable towards our surrounding environment and natural resources
- We strive to be the best we can be and to improve every day
- We have a professional approach to our work – appearance, positive attitude, work ethic and solutions based approaches
- We inspire and support others to reach greater heights both personally and professionally
If you’re ready to join our team, view the available openings above, and apply today!